Position Title: Church Custodian
Supervisor: Property Ministry Chairperson
Reports to: Pastor, Personnel Committee
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 10 hours per week, including occasional weekends
Performance Review: 6 Month, 1 year, annually after 1 year
Vacation: One week (10 hours) after 6 months during year one; two weeks (20 hours) thereafter
Sick Leave: Non designated
Minimum Requirements: The ability to make minor repairs: such as carpentry, unclogging drains, spot removal. Ability to read and follow directions and lift between 25 and 60 pounds. May need to climb ladders.
General Statement of Purpose and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the overall cleanliness of House of Prayer physical facilities and to reflect an environment of hospitality for members and visitors.
Perform cleaning (sweep, mop, scrub, vacuum, remove garbage, dust, organize and maintain room set-ups, minor winter snow shoveling) and routine maintenance duties (change light bulbs, minor chair repair or cleaning, battery changes in alarms and other electronics, etc…) in and around the church and on church property.
Specific Duties: (Weekly)
- Vacuum weekly and as needed after special events.
- Clean restrooms weekly including sinks, toilets, and mirrors. Mop floors and replace paper towels, toilet paper (and spares), soap and other hygiene/sanitation supplies.
- Remove trash and recycling from all areas weekly as needed, and following special events.
- Dust mop tile entry, hallway and kitchen weekly. (Damp mop as needed.)
- Clean glass on front doors and sanctuary doors weekly. (As needed on other glass windows.)
- Change light bulbs throughout the building as needed and contact the property committee chairperson when parking lights or sidewalk lights or external building lights are out.
- Maintain a standard set-up in all areas of the facility. (Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, Sunday school area, music area, class rooms and kitchen.) Check with the office staff weekly regarding special set-ups or changes, or possible additional clean-up needs.
- Check thermostats to maintain appropriate settings.
- Spot clean carpet stains as needed.
- Unlock bathroom stall doors.
- Complete a weekly time sheet/checklist and turn in to the Pastor.
Special Duties: (Monthly / Annually / or other Special Events)
- Dust periodically so as to remove spider webs from around the building.
- Monitor and change furnace and air conditioning unit filters annually or as needed.
- Annually inspect items like fire extinguishers / fire alarms / exit signs / clocks… to ensure they are in working order.
- In cooperation with the Property Committee Chairperson place (annual/quarterly) orders for supplies. (Cleaning chemicals, towels, soap, etc…)
- Clean kitchen air vents and other air grates throughout the building.
- Make arrangements for an annual carpet cleaning if needed.
- During winter months remove snow from the west and north building emergency exits so that each doorway is clear and functions properly.
- Check light timers for parking and outside security lights at each ‘day light savings time’ change. To ensure lights are coming on and working properly.
- Available for special events and compensated accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to:
House of Prayer Lutheran Church
C/O Personnel Committee
6039 40th Street North
Oakdale, MN 55128
Call 651-777-1607 with questions.
Position Posted May 1, 2016
Priority will be given to applications received by Monday May 16, 2016
All employees of House of Prayer are required to undergo a background check.