The people of House of Prayer come together for worship each Sunday. Worship is a fairly traditional service of liturgy, scripture and music with some more contemporary songs and parts mixed in. The energy of worship is fueled our active musician groups that provide music leadership throughout the service.
Between worship services we have an active christian education hour for children and youth, and an adult forum time.
Sunday worship (School year)
- 8:30 a.m. Worship
- 9:40 a.m. Sunday School, Youth Bible Study, and Faith Matters (Adult Education)
- 10:45 a.m. Worship
Saturday, December 24: Christmas Eve Worship
- 5:00 p.m. Family Christmas Eve Service
- 10:00 p.m. Candlelight Christmas Eve Service
Sunday, December 25: Christmas Day Worship
- 9:30 a.m. Traditional Morning Worship
- Every Weds night in Lent
- 6:00 p.m. Lenten Soup Supper
- 7:00 p.m. Lenten Evening Prayers
- Maundy Thursday: 7:00 p.m. Service and Meal in the Upper Room
- Good Friday: 7:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross
- Easter Sunday Services:
- 7:00 a.m. Sunrise Service
- 8:30 a.m. Easter Day Worship
- 10:45 a.m. Easter Day Worship
Summer worship schedule (Memorial weekend – Labor Day weekend)
- One service at 9:30 a.m. – During the summer months, we will have a chance for the whole House of Prayer community to gather together.
You are encouraged to engage in weekly sermon preparation. Your worship experience can be greatly enhanced by reading and studying the Scripture lessons in advance. To help you do this, we have listed below the Biblical readings for each Sunday. Take some time during each week to read ahead and see what kind of a sermon God plants in your heart.