We are holding worship online and limited seating in the sanctuary at this time.
- We invite our membership and visitors to participate in Sunday services:
March 13, 2020
Greetings Sisters and Brothers of House of Prayer,
“We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to God’s purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28)
Dear Sisters and Brothers of House of Prayer,
As a result of the Governor’s decision to declare a state of emergency in Minnesota and the accompanying Department of Health guidelines for the cancellation of gatherings which include:
- Small events (fewer than 250 people) that are held in venues that do not allow social distancing of 6 feet per person.
- Events with more than 10 people where the majority of participants are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, including gatherings such as those at: Retirement facilities, Assisted living facilities, Developmental homes, Support groups for people with health conditions.
And with conversations among the Council and Executive Council… we are taking all precautions to help reduce the risk of this virus and to ensure the health of our faith and surrounding community.
To this end, we are canceling all activities including, worship, Lenten meals and other meetings of more than 10 people.
The church council will meet again on Thursday March 19 at 7:00 PM to discuss the details surrounding this decision and we will communicate future plans via email, web-posts, and phone calls. In the meantime, the staff and Council will work together to create ways for you to nurture your faith and connect with God and one another, including efforts to either post worship online or livestream it from our Sanctuary at our regular worship times. Please check your email and our website for updates.
This precaution is about treating each other with God’s unconditional and wondrous love and respect and serving each other through prudent caution. Trusting that God will walk with us as we serve and care for each other through the unexpected difficulties of life is part of our Christian walk together. The spread of this corona (Covid19) virus is impacting all our lives in unexpected ways and this is exactly where our faith and life come together knowing that God walks with us no matter the challenges we face.
Thank you for your prayers, support, and cooperation as we work together. We trust that God will bring peace and calm to our anxious hearts. Together, we choose hope knowing that God is greater than any danger.
Blessings and Peace,
Pastor Dan Streeper
The people of House of Prayer come together for worship each Sunday. Worship is a fairly traditional service of liturgy, scripture and music with some more contemporary songs and parts mixed in. The energy of worship is fueled by our active musician groups that provide music leadership throughout the service.
Between worship services we have an active Christian Education hour for children and youth, and an adult forum time.
Sunday worship schedule (School year)
Summer worship schedule (May 26 – September 8, 2019)
- Sunday: One service at 9:30 a.m. – During the summer months, we will have a chance for the whole House of Prayer community to gather together.
- Wednesday: One service with a meal, starts at 5:15 p.m. at the Bruentrup Heritage Farm – During the summer months we partner with 6 other area churches to bring you Worship on the Farm. This unique worship experience starts at 5:15 pm on Weds nights with a community meal, followed by worship at 6:30. See their website for details on the meal, worship and activities for each night. http://worshiponthefarm.org/.
Holiday and Special worship schedule
- Annual Meeting: Due to our Annual Meeting, we will have one service at 9:30 am on Sunday January 27, 2019
- Ash Weds Service: Wed, March 6, 2019 7:00 pm (Free Soup Supper at 6 pm)
- 2019 Weekly Lenten Service: Weds from March 6-April 10, 2019. 6 pm Soup Supper. 7 pm Worship. All are welcome!
- Palm Sunday: Sunday April 14, 2019, services held at 8:30 am and 10:45 am
- Maundy Thursday: Meal in the Upper Room Service, Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm
- Good Friday: Stations of the Cross, Friday, April 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm
- Easter: Sunday April 21, 2019, services held at 7:00 am Worship at the Tomb and 8:30 am and 10:45 am Easter Resurrection Celebration Service
- Sunday, May 26, 2019: Move to summer worship schedule- 9:30 am service on Sunday mornings
- Wednesday June 5, 2019: Worship on the Farm starts- Bruentrup Heritage Farm, Weds nights. Dinner ($8 adults, kids free) starts at 5:15 pm, service at 6:30 pm.
- Check back to this page later for the rest of the 2019 special schedule.