The people of House of Prayer come together for worship each Sunday. Worship is a fairly traditional service of liturgy, scripture and music with some more contemporary songs and parts mixed in. The energy of worship is fueled by our active musician groups that provide music leadership throughout the service.
Between worship services we have an active Christian Education hour for children and youth, and an adult forum time.
Sunday worship schedule (School year)
Summer worship schedule (May 26 – September 8, 2019)
- Sunday: One service at 9:30 a.m. – During the summer months, we will have a chance for the whole House of Prayer community to gather together.
- Wednesday: One service with a meal, starts at 5:15 p.m. at the Bruentrup Heritage Farm – During the summer months we partner with 6 other area churches to bring you Worship on the Farm. This unique worship experience starts at 5:15 pm on Weds nights with a community meal, followed by worship at 6:30. See their website for details on the meal, worship and activities for each night. http://worshiponthefarm.org/.
Holiday and Special worship schedule
- Annual Meeting: Due to our Annual Meeting, we will have one service at 9:30 am on Sunday January 27, 2019
- Ash Weds Service: Wed, March 6, 2019 7:00 pm (Free Soup Supper at 6 pm)
- 2019 Weekly Lenten Service: Weds from March 6-April 10, 2019. 6 pm Soup Supper. 7 pm Worship. All are welcome!
- Palm Sunday: Sunday April 14, 2019, services held at 8:30 am and 10:45 am
- Maundy Thursday: Meal in the Upper Room Service, Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm
- Good Friday: Stations of the Cross, Friday, April 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm
- Easter: Sunday April 21, 2019, services held at 7:00 am Worship at the Tomb and 8:30 am and 10:45 am Easter Resurrection Celebration Service
- Sunday, May 26, 2019: Move to summer worship schedule- 9:30 am service on Sunday mornings
- Wednesday June 5, 2019: Worship on the Farm starts- Bruentrup Heritage Farm, Weds nights. Dinner ($8 adults, kids free) starts at 5:15 pm, service at 6:30 pm.
- Check back to this page later for the rest of the 2019 special schedule.