The people of House of Prayer come together for worship each Sunday. Worship is a fairly traditional service of liturgy, scripture and music with some more contemporary songs and parts mixed in. The energy of worship is fueled by our active musician groups that provide music leadership throughout the service.
Between worship services we have an active Christian Education hour for children and youth, and an adult forum time.
Sunday worship schedule (School year, beginning September 17)
- 8:30 a.m. Worship
- 9:45 a.m. Sunday School, Youth Bible Study, and Faith Matters (Adult Education)
- 10:45 a.m. Worship
Holiday worship schedule
- Sunday, December 24 at 9:30 am– Advent 4 (no Sunday School or Adult Ed)
- Sunday, December 24, at 5:00 pm– Family Candles and Carols
- Monday, December 25, at 9:30 am– Christmas Day
- Sunday, December 31, at 9:30 am– 1 Christmas (no Sunday School or Adult Ed)
- Sunday, January 7: Resume normal weekend schedule
Summer worship schedule (Memorial weekend – September 10)
- One service at 9:30 a.m. – During the summer months, we will have a chance for the whole House of Prayer community to gather together.
You are encouraged to engage in weekly sermon preparation. Your worship experience can be greatly enhanced by reading and studying the Scripture lessons in advance. To help you do this, we have listed below the Biblical readings for each Sunday. Take some time during each week to read ahead and see what kind of a sermon God plants in your heart.