The people of House of Prayer come together for worship each Sunday. Worship is a fairly traditional service of liturgy, scripture and music with some more contemporary songs and parts mixed in. The energy of worship is fueled by our active musician groups that provide music leadership throughout the service.
Between worship services we have an active Christian Education hour for children and youth, and an adult forum time.
Sunday worship schedule (School year, beginning September 17, 2018)
- 8:30 a.m. Worship
- 9:45 a.m. Sunday School, Youth Bible Study, and Faith Matters (Adult Education)
- 10:45 a.m. Worship
Holiday and Special worship schedule
- Annual Meeting: Due to our Annual Meeting, we will have one service at 9:30 am on Sunday January 28, 2018
- Ash Weds Service: Weds, Feb 14, 2018 at 7:00 pm
- 2018 Weekly Lenten Service: Weds from Feb 14- March 21 at 7:00 pm (Join us for a FREE Soup Supper starting at 6:00 pm! All are welcome!)
- Palm Sunday: Sunday March 25, 2018, services held at 8:30 am and 10:45 am
- Maundy Thursday: Meal in the Upper Room Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 7:00 pm
- Good Friday: Stations of the Cross, Friday, March 30, 2018 at 7:00 pm
- Easter: Sunday April 1, 2018, services held at 7:00 am Worship at the Tomb and 8:30 am and 10:45 am Easter Resurrection Celebration Service
Check back to this page later for the rest of the 2018 special schedule
Summer worship schedule (Memorial weekend – September 10)
- One service at 9:30 a.m. – During the summer months, we will have a chance for the whole House of Prayer community to gather together.
You are encouraged to engage in weekly sermon preparation. Your worship experience can be greatly enhanced by reading and studying the Scripture lessons in advance. To help you do this, we have listed below the Biblical readings for each Sunday. Take some time during each week to read ahead and see what kind of a sermon God plants in your heart.