We will holding worship online with Facebook Live during the Stay at Home order .
- We invite our membership and visitors to participate in Holy Week services:
- 7:00 PM: Maundy Thursday Worship (4/9) – Have your dinner prepared for 7:00 PM and we will worship and share a meal together live on Facebook! Tune in for grace and remember together Jesus’ final Meal in the Upper Room!
- 7:00 PM: Good Friday Worship (4/10) – Track down 7 candles, flashlights, or lamps and tune in for a Tenebrae service of shadows. As we are huddled, hiding in our own homes, we remember the story of Jesus’ suffering and death, while the disciples were also hiding in their own homes. Available on Facebook live.
- 8:30 AM: Easter Worship: An Empty Tomb (4/12) – Easter worship both recorded with messages live streamed. We will Join Mary at the tomb. A morning filled with both Fear and Joy. Available on Facebook live. Watch the archive at 10:45 am.
- Archived worship services any time.
March 13, 2020
Greetings Sisters and Brothers of House of Prayer,
“We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to God’s purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28)
Dear Sisters and Brothers of House of Prayer,
As a result of the Governor’s decision to declare a state of emergency in Minnesota and the accompanying Department of Health guidelines for the cancellation of gatherings which include:
- Small events (fewer than 250 people) that are held in venues that do not allow social distancing of 6 feet per person.
- Events with more than 10 people where the majority of participants are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, including gatherings such as those at: Retirement facilities, Assisted living facilities, Developmental homes, Support groups for people with health conditions.
And with conversations among the Council and Executive Council… we are taking all precautions to help reduce the risk of this virus and to ensure the health of our faith and surrounding community.
To this end, we are canceling all activities including, worship, Lenten meals and other meetings of more than 10 people.
The church council will meet again on Thursday March 19 at 7:00 PM to discuss the details surrounding this decision and we will communicate future plans via email, web-posts, and phone calls. In the meantime, the staff and Council will work together to create ways for you to nurture your faith and connect with God and one another, including efforts to either post worship online or livestream it from our Sanctuary at our regular worship times. Please check your email and our website for updates.
This precaution is about treating each other with God’s unconditional and wondrous love and respect and serving each other through prudent caution. Trusting that God will walk with us as we serve and care for each other through the unexpected difficulties of life is part of our Christian walk together. The spread of this corona (Covid19) virus is impacting all our lives in unexpected ways and this is exactly where our faith and life come together knowing that God walks with us no matter the challenges we face.
Thank you for your prayers, support, and cooperation as we work together. We trust that God will bring peace and calm to our anxious hearts. Together, we choose hope knowing that God is greater than any danger.
Blessings and Peace,
Pastor Dan Streeper
Serving Oakdale, North St. Paul, Maplewood and Woodbury
Our community of faith is filled with the joy and laughter. We know that it is by faith in God we are saved. And Jesus Christ carried our burdens to the cross. It is with this knowledge of salvation and the help of the Holy Spirit that we look out into a world in need and respond in service to the neighborhood and around the world.
We invite you to come and see what this community is all about and join us as we journey together with Christ.
2019 Annual Report
We take our namesake seriously. Submit a prayer request.